Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 12, 2013

I made myself a goal before I started this little adventure. After all, goals are good.

I decided that my goal would be to make $20.00 from sales of my books. (That's not the sale price; that's from the royalties on the books themselves.)

The good news is that I am almost there, which is really neat. The books have been available for just under a month. I'm not really expecting them to sell much more unless I do something else; I can't run another free Amazon promotion until the current promotion period is over, which is in August. I was very pleased with the number of downloads from that promotion. But the July 4 weekend is coming up, and I like the idea of having a sale over that weekend. I think making the first three books available for $0.99 each would be pretty awesome.

So if you know someone who might like the books, promotion time! I'm trying to consider possible promotion methods that won't make me feel like a total jerk. Maybe boosting Google presence is a good thing to do... but my instinct tells me not necessarily. Availability on platforms other than the Kindle isn't a bad idea either; I would need to prepare the books before the middle of August, though, because preparing them might take a little while.

Anyway. Something to ponder.

Right now, though, I'm working on one of the Nancy Drew fanfics I've had in progress for a bit... partially because I'm almost finished with the story, and partially because I have the instant gratification of feedback on it, which is very valuable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment