Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013

I have a website that I use to hold adult-rated versions of my fanfic that can't be posted on fanfiction.net. That's pretty cool, in a way. If someone wants to read my fanfic, it's a good centralized location. It's pretty bare-bones, though, and I haven't updated it in over a year. I've written a bunch of fic in the meantime. All that fic, or at least 95% of it, is at AO3, where I can post full adult-rated versions of stories without any problem. Everything at AO3 exists elsewhere on the internet as well, so it's not like I have all my eggs in that one basket; I generally post all my fic at my writing LJ and use AO3 as a backup.

I think I'm going to let the domain for my personal site expire and buy a new one for my original fic endeavors. This seems like a better use of the money. I could post sample first chapters there, and character bios, and fun things like that. And I suppose I could always use a corner of that website as the fanfic archive... but, eh. Happily, the majority of the reasons I needed to get a website have been met by AO3.

No comments:

Post a Comment