Friday, July 5, 2013

July 5, 2013

I came up with an idea over a year ago. I wrote the first scene of the current incarnation a little less than a month ago. A story needs a good catch or hook, and I like the catch for it.

It's at 25k words right now, most of which has been done over the past week. I have a name for it. I even have possible covers for it.

I don't think it's going to be that much longer, but a part of me wants to get it finished before I post any of it for feedback... even though that's a hell of a lot to read in one sitting. For a piece of fanfiction it is, anyway. As a paper book, that's less than 100 print pages. Pshhh. Novella!

I have another idea I want to work on... and yet I just can't stop working on this one. Any time I have to write, I'm working on it. I didn't outline it, either. It's just happening. And it's been pretty clearly influenced by all the Mary Balogh historical romance novels I've read, just in the present. With less-tight pants and fewer (read: no) horses.

So far, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment